5.26.2011

one door closes and many others open...

Tomorrow is the last day of my internship here at Denver Public Library. Although it is bittersweet, this experience has confirmed two things for me personally and professionally: 1) I am dedicated to building my career serving children and young adults in the bilingual English/Spanish area of librarianship, and 2) I really want to follow my dream of writing a bilingual children's book. It has also confirmed for me that I must maintain my relationship with services to Spanish speakers in any future job I am offered, and that the answer for me may be to ultimately earn another Master's in Bilingual/Linguistically Diverse Education or a Ph.D. in Multicultural Education. My internship and this MLIS degree have afforded me the opportunity to gain confidence to pursue my educational and professional goals, and have enriched me personally more than I ever could have dreamed.

That being said, last week was my last craft hour with the kids. I will miss them, but I have been invited back for the fall 2011 semester, so hopefully I will be able to see most of them again! The summer will give me time to develop more pre-planned activities and I also would like to incorporate a literacy componenet so that the kids are being exposed not only to art, but also to excellent bilingual literature.

Here are some of my favorite photos from the year!


Ponchos for Cinco de Mayo...


Fernanda...








No comments:

Post a Comment